NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR LIL’ MISS QUEEN, JR MISS QUEEN, LIL’ MR KING AND JR. MR KING FOR MILLS COUNTY FAIR
Now accepting applications for Lil’ Miss and Jr. Miss 2018 Mills County Fair Queens AND Lil’ Mr. and Jr Mr. Mills County Fair King! Rules and regulations are described below. Applications may be obtained by e-mailing email@example.com, request from the MillsCounty Fair Facebook page, or on the web at www.millscountyfair.com
There is a $15.00 entry fee to help defray costs of the pageant. Checks to be payable to the Mills County Fair Board. Please complete the entry form with the sponsor information at the bottom, included with registration papers.
All applications must be mailed to Mary Bolton, 57370 U S Hwy 59, Emerson, IA by June 15, 2018. Sponsorship fee must be included with the paperwork along with a photo. Allow for mail time so get it in the mail soon!
- To be eligible for the Lil’ Miss Mills County Fair Queen or Lil’ Mr. Mills County Fair King, each contestant must be between at least 6 years of age and no more than 10 years of age, the first day of the 2018 Mills County Fair. To be eligible for the Jr. Miss Mills County Fair Queen or Jr. Mr. Mills County Fair King, each contestant must be at least 11 years of age and no more than 15 years of age, the first day of the 2018 Mills County Fair. First day of 2018 Mills County Fair is July 13.
- All contestants must reside within Mills County, Iowa.
- As a Jr. Miss or Jr. Mr. participant, each contestant must be an active member of at least one service organization in her community such as a church group, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, 4-H, FCCLA, etc. (eligibility is not limited to 4-H membership). Lil’ Miss and Lil’ Mr. participants do not need to be an active member of any organization.
- No professional model (one who has had ongoing employment in which modeling was the primary part of the job) is eligible to compete in any part of the Queen or King Contest.
- A competent committee will select the “Lil’ Miss Mills County Fair Queen”, “Jr. Miss Mills County Fair Queen”, “Lil’ Mr. Mills County Fair King”, and “Jr. Mr. Mills County Fair King. Judging comments are not available to the contestants, their parents, or county representatives. Judging will be based on the following:
- a) Personality, Attitude, Appearance and Awareness
- b) Overall Appearance, Charm and Poise
- Each contestant should be prepared to appear in a “Sunday Best” and “Play Clothes”.
- The winner of each category will be crowned on Saturday, July 7, 2018, 11:00 a.m. in the Charles E. & Florence M. Lakin Community Center on the Mills County Fairgrounds. SPECIAL NOTE: this is prior to the fair this year
- The Mills County Fair Queen Committee reserves the right to change or interpret the foregoing rules and regulations at any time as may deem necessary.
- There must be a minimum of 3 entries in each category, in order for that category competition to take place.
- Judging will take place on Sunday, July 1, 2018 with tentative judging times as follows: Jr. Miss beginning at 1:00 p.m., Lil’ Miss beginning at 2:15 p.m., Jr. Mr. beginning at 3:15 p.m., and Lil’ Mr. beginning at 4:00 p.m., all at Charles E. & Florence M. Lakin Community Center on the Mills County Fair Grounds. Parents are not allowed in the judging room.