Lil’ Mr. Mills County Fair and Junior Mr. Mills County Fair King Contests
There is a $15.00 entry fee to help defray costs of the pageant. Checks can be made to the Mills County Fair Board King Contest. Please complete the entry form with the sponsor information at the bottom.
All applications must be mailed to Mary Bolton, 57370 U S Hwy 59, Emerson, IA 51533, by June 15, 2018. Sponsorship fee must be included with the paperwork and a photo.
- To be eligible for the Lil’ Mr. Mills County Fair Queen Contest each contestant must be between at least 6 years of age and no more than 10 years of age, the first day of the 2019 Mills County Fair. To be eligible for the Junior Mr. Mills County Fair each contestant must be at least 11 years of age and no more than 15 years of age, the first day of the 2019 Mills County Fair. First day of the 2019 Mills County Fair is July 12.
- All contestants must reside within Mills County, Iowa.
- As a Jr Mr. participant, each contestant must be an active member of at least one service organization in her community such as a church group, Boy Scouts,
4-H, FCCLA, etc. (eligibility is not limited to 4-H membership). Lil’ Mr. participant does not need to be an active member of any organization.
- No professional model (one who has had ongoing employment in which modeling was the primary part of the job) is eligible to compete in any part of the King Contest.
- If you have previously won King in this age category you are not eligible to run again in the same age division.
- A competent committee will select the “Lil’ Mr. Mills County Fair King” and “Jr. Mr. Mills County Fair King”. Judging comments are not available to the contestants, their parents, or county representatives. Judging will be based on the following: a) Personality, Attitude, Appearance and Awareness b) Overall Appearance, Charm and Poise
- Each contestant should be prepared to appear in a “Sunday Best” and “Play Clothes”.
- There must be a minimum of 3 entries in each category, in order for that category competition to take place.
- The winner of each category will be crowned on Friday, July 12, 2019, 7:00 p.m. in the Charles E. & Florence M. Lakin Community Center on the Mills County Fair Grounds.
- Those who win the titles will be asked to be in attendance at various events during the county fair.
- The Mills County Fair King Committee reserves the right to change or interpret the foregoing rules and regulations at any time as may deem necessary.
- Judging will take place on Saturday, June 22, 2019. Tentative judging times are: Lil’ Mr. beginning at 2:00 p.m. and Jr. Mr. beginning at 2:45 p.m., at the Charles E. & Florence M Lakin Community Center on the Mills County Fair Grounds. Parents are not allowed in the judging room.
It is very important that all paperwork and photos are received by due date of June 5, 2019. Remember to take the mail delay time into consideration so be sure to get it in the mail early!
Call Mary Bolton at 712-370-4500 or e-mail to email@example.com with any questions!